Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PhatTuesday

My life completely revolves around food.
That's not a complaint.

Today I have had 2 patients cancel and 1 no-show on me. Why? It's Fat Tuesday. I mean seriously, who would schedule an appointment to see a dietitian on a holiday with the word "fat" in the title?? Certainly not me.

I enjoy a reason to throw my healthy eating training to the wind just as much as the next person.

At 9:30am this morning I was hungry (yes, I'd already eaten breakfast...). Usually I would drink a bottle of water and tell myself: "Suck it up, Haaland. It's your job to avoid cravings." But, not today!!

At 9:30am you could have found me in the staff kitchen, eating half of a chocolate chip cookie. The kind that are soft and gooey in the center with chocolate chunks (not puny chips). So far, this has been the best choice of my day.

Our office manager walked in looking shocked. I shamelessly and messily responded, mouth still partly full with semi-sweet chocolate chunk goodness: "It's Fat Tuesday. I'm practicing my Catholicism."

I mean really, how is she supposed to come back at that??
It's not like I ate the entire King Cake (that could be because there wasn't a King Cake).



Song of the Day: Feels So Right by Matt Wertz

No comments:

Post a Comment